What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SkyManor EAA643 Fly-In

PilotBrent

Well Known Member
Today was our annual EAA chapter fly-in and for the first time in many years several RV-12s could be found on the flightline. Very special call out to David Valcik's RV-12 which won one the prized custom made trophy's!

This was one of the best turnout's we've had at SkyManor - weather could not have been better in NJ. If you haven't attended, its usually on one of the earliest Saturday's in September.

Three of use on the field are finishing up Van's aircraft and we had them on display.

Oliver Spatscheck's RV-8 on the left
Brent Connelly RV-12 middle (me)
Robin Hitchen's RV-9A on left

2n0tqhv.jpg

Today was our annual EAA chapter fly-in and for the first time in many years several RV-12s could be found on the flightline. Very special call out to David Valcik's RV-12 which won one the prized custom made trophy's!

This was one of the best turnout's we've had at SkyManor - weather could not have been better in NJ. If you haven't attended, its usually on one of the earliest Saturday's in September.

Brent, your EAA chapter put on a first class fly-in. It looked like there were close to 80 - 100 planes. Your craftsmanship is outstanding, it was good talking today.

2013-08-13 Skymanor brent-0001.JPG

2013-08-13 Skymanor brent-0002.JPG

Sky Manor?....like at Pittstown?

I based my Christen Eagle there in 1985-86. There were no hangars on the north side that I remember, but there was a nice restaurant just south off the approach to 07. I belonged to chapter 643, as I recall. It was a great bunch of guys then, sounds like it still is today! :)
Dick Gossen
N18DG (then)

I based my Christen Eagle there in 1985-86. There were no hangars on the north side that I remember, but there was a nice restaurant just south off the approach to 07. I belonged to chapter 643, as I recall. It was a great bunch of guys then, sounds like it still is today! :)
Dick Gossen
N18DG (then)

Sky Manor has it going on! General Aviation and home building is spoken there.

Congratulations Governor Valcik! (fkka):D

Back