What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sky view Installation

lewy

Well Known Member
There are several places you have to drill on avionics shelf and bulkhead under the seat. I used a right angle drill and step bit. When drilling these holes I took a piece of three quarter inch PVC pipe about four inches long and allowed the bit to go in the opening of the pipe on the oppissite side of each hole you drill and not into the brake lines or wire bundles. The brake lines and wire bundles are very close to where you will be drilling. Hope this prevents a wire nik or a hole in the brake line, it worked well for us.

Thanks for the tip

There are several places you have to drill on avionics shelf and bulkhead under the seat. I used a right angle drill and step bit. When drilling these holes I took a piece of three quarter inch PVC pipe about four inches long and allowed the bit to go in the opening of the pipe on the oppissite side of each hole you drill and not into the brake lines or wire bundles. The brake lines and wire bundles are very close to where you will be drilling. Hope this prevents a wire nik or a hole in the brake line, it worked well for us.

My Skyview is on order so I am looking for tips from those ahead of me. Another good one. Thanks for the post.:eek:

Back