What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sky Pig II Flys

bweiss

Well Known Member
Sky Pig II Flies

Today, my RV 7A (affectionately named by my RV Friends) as Sky Pig II flew for the first time. Doug Weiler was our most capable test pilot and Tom Berge was my tech advisor and building mentor. I was amply helped for the past four years and 11 months by Pete Howell and Alex Peterson. It truly does take a village to build an airplane. At least that was the case for me. According to Doug, it flew straight and true with no bad tendencies. With the exception of slightly high oil temperatures and an intermittent bug in the Chelton EFIS, all went well. Thanks again to everyone for all your help in answering my seemingly endless questions. Whoopie, it really flew.

Last edited:
Congratulations Bernie!

I guess this means that the "Anoka Guest Hangar" is now full with a third permanent RV resident....oh well, as long as it's an RV, we're happy for you!

Paul

More Pics!

Congrats Debbie and Bernie!

The plane looks great! Here are a few more pics of the wonderful day.

Bernie and DAR Tim Mahoney

N527DB%20FF_006.JPG

Bernie tells Test Pilot Doug Weiler to keep the shiny side up

N527DB%20FF_030.JPG

Holy Cowl - It might just fly!

N527DB%20FF_031.JPG

Hug for the builder..........

N527DB%20FF_050.JPG

Hug for the Pilot..............

N527DB%20FF_054.JPG

Pearl Paint makes a beautiful bird

N527DB%20FF_067.JPG

RV Rush Hour - Bernie's 7A, Alex's 6A, and my 9A

N527DB%20FF_090.JPG

A great day for the MN Wing and especially the Weiss family!!!

Last edited:
Bernie, Congratulations and may the Bonanza gas pump fears be a distant memory! What a beautiful bird.

Congratulations Bernie!

I guess this means that the "Anoka Guest Hangar" is now full with a third permanent RV resident....oh well, as long as it's an RV, we're happy for you!

Paul

Rumor has it that "Sky Pig I" (aka Bonanza) is so ashamed that it will be moving to another local airport soon...

Contragulations and well done Bernie. I know it's been a long time coming and a lot of hard work (not to mention the Chelton/D2A debacle in the middle of it all).

I like the new logo too! When are you going to start the next one....I think I hear a Garmin G900X calling your name.

Anyway, for those of you who don't know Bernie, you should realize that the reason people like helping him is because he's such a darned nice guy and overall fun to work with! :)

Cheers,
Stein

Congrats Bernie! Any chance I can get some more pics of your panel? I'd like to add it to my collection for ideas. :)

Absolutely beautiful bird Bernie. Enjoy all the beautiful views those wings will provide!!

Beautiful Aircraft

Bernie,

Wow... very nice aircraft! Love that paint. Make sure you join the Chelton forums at CheltonEFISpilots.com to get some really good help with any problems. That is a very nice panel layout. Congratulations on proceeding to the next chapter of a great adventure. :cool:

Congrats Bernie! Any chance I can get some more pics of your panel? I'd like to add it to my collection for ideas. :)

I will be more than happy to send you some pictures. I am out of town now and will return in a couple of weeks.

Congrats

That is a beautiful airplane. You spared no expense on that panel that is absolutly top shelf. I like it alot and want to compliment your hard work....

SCOTT PENTON

Bernie Solos!

Today at noon, Bernie Weiss soloed in his beautiful RV-7A. Here is a picture snapped just after Bernie landed:

mrhappy0902_468x442.jpg

'Nuff Said!

Back