What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sky Designs Engineering

bertschb

Well Known Member
Friend
Thought I’d share our recent experience with Ken and Susan at Sky Designs Engineering. We ordered their RV-14 ER fuel tank kit a while back. Ken contacted me recently and said they were picking up parts at the manufacturer and offered to drop them off at our house.

They came by this afternoon and we had a great visit. Such nice people!!! As I learn more about Ken's background, I’m more interested (and confident) in the aftermarket parts they are selling for our Vans aircraft. In fact, I just ordered their new in floor storage container.

They had a long road trip ahead of them so we tried to keep our visit short. I'd sure like a longer visit with Ken some day to talk about his experiences both at Vans and companies he worked for prior to that. Very interesting guy.

Ken and Susan are providing great products and fantastic service. Highly recommended!!!

https://www.skydesigns.aero

Last edited:
They were both great to deal with when I ordered my -10 ER kit. Just completed the installation and the kit/instructions were flawless. By far the simplistic/best option for ER tanks in my opinion.

+1
I had great service from Ken/Susan/Kent
And I’m in the other side of the world!

An unfortunate reality of the current boom in the kitplanes business over the past few years is that many vendors simply aren’t interested in international customers. Too hard basket.
Some are decent enough to say as much (although it’s quite strange people saying they don’t want your money) others just provide such a woeful service you don’t use them again.

Anyway… not SkyDesigns. Great product, even better service. :)

I had a great experience with them when upgrading the gear on my RV-8:

Attachments

• IMG_7864 (1).jpeg
    IMG_7864 (1).jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_7867.jpeg
    IMG_7867.jpeg
    375.1 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Top notch product (ER tanks) and even better support. Built one of the early tank kits and got very quick responses from Ken to my innumerable questions.

Highly recommend the company and the ER tank kit.

Thank you for your kind words

After having just arrived back in Anacortes after our long trip, it was a nice surprise to check VAF and find this thread.

Thank you Brian for letting Susan and me drop-in and drop-off. We enjoyed our brief visit at least as much as you did.

I can tell you that we've found interacting with our customers to be the most rewarding aspect of our business...something every other VAF advertiser will give a hearty "Amen" to.

Back