What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Siler City, N.C. gets an AWOS

noelf

Well Known Member
Siler City now has an AWOS. It is still transmitting a "TEST" statement, but all transmitted data appears correct.

Frequency: 125.775 MHz

Phone Number: Do not use. Due to the prolonged approval / construction time line, the original assigned number was "given" to a private individual by the local phone company. A new phone company now has the contract, but is using the older AWOS phone number.

When the phone number gets corrected, I'll re-post.
--------------------
update
11/20/2011

Phone number for Siler City is 919.663.1252

Siler City Airport (5W8) will receive a new designator some time next year, will be issued by the FAA in conformance with the ICAO scheme.

Last edited:
update
11/20/2011

Phone number for Siler City AWOS is 919.663.1252

Siler City Airport (5W8) will receive a new designator some time next year, will be issued by the FAA in conformance with the ICAO scheme.

Last edited:
finally. . .

Awesome info, Noel.

they were talking about the coming AWOS when I first came to 5W8 in late 2004. Nice to have better info than eyeballs and windsocks.

Well, this is just great...the phone number has changed again. As of this morning (11/21/2011) the Siler City AWOS is:

(919) 663-1252

I will re-edit (or is that edit edit) my previous post.

The Siler City AWOS is fully certified and functional. The FAA guys were out here two days ago and finished up the certification. No more "TEST" broadcast in the transmissions.

Back