What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sikaflex RV-7 Tipup in AZ?

rlo1

Well Known Member
I would like to get a closeup view of a completed Sikaflex RV7 tipup in AZ. I am good for lunch......

I live in Chandler. Please email me at [email protected]

Thank you
-Ron

Ron,

I'm not in AZ though does Australia count. It still gets hot down here and I would love that Lunch!! My sikaflexed tip-up canopy was completed in 2006 and I wrote an article for our local SAAA magazine at the time. If your interested in the article I would be happy to forward to you.

Cheers, Greg Blakey RV-7A wiring.

I AM in AZ but...

...Mine's a slider. I'm in Tucson near RYN. You're welcome to see what I've done. Drop me a PM. Good, cheap Mexican place cose by. Since I have a slider we'll go Dutch.:D

contacts

I think Gil would be an excellent contact... I met him in AZ last year and he was very smart and was quite nice. He knows a ton of RV folks in AZ..

Jim's is the only one I know...

I think Gil would be an excellent contact... I met him in AZ last year and he was very smart and was quite nice. He knows a ton of RV folks in AZ..

...Only quite nice.....:)

No, sorry on the canopy question... the only glued canopy I am aware of is Jim's, and he posted above...

Thanks for the reference Brian....:)

gil A - entertaining a VAF member from Michigan to-day...

...also read Capt. W E Johns' books (Biggles .. see post #2) when I was a kid...

Last edited:
There's one at Stellar

Hey Ron,

Hope the project is going well. Kelly Patterson has his 6 with tip up hangared in one my neighbors hanger. He has a tip up and used Sika. It is nice. If doing again, I'd have to give this some serious consideration.

I'm still out of town doing helicopter training. I'll be home soon and I'll give you a call.

Thanks everyone

Darwin contacted me tonight with Kelly's information. Thanks to all the replies!

Greg, I am going to PM you, I am interested in your article!

-Ron

Back