What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shoutout to Vans parts and shipping departments!

bertschb

Well Known Member
Friend
So last Thursday I made a mistake which led to me ordering two new replacement parts. I ordered them after hours and the replacements arrived today (four business days total). Shipping was three bucks. This is faster shipping than I get with Amazon Prime. I've also ordered some nuts, washers, bolts, etc and had a similar experience. Vans is doing a great job under the circumstances.

I really wanted to get these parts quickly because I need to include them in my next priming session so I can start assembly of the parts. Getting fast turnaround on replacement parts is a big deal to me because it cuts down on building delays.

Well done Vans!!!!

It does help that you only live 153 miles from Van's...... But, that still is a good turnaround time.

So last Thursday I made a mistake which led to me ordering two new replacement parts. I ordered them after hours and the replacements arrived today (four business days total). Shipping was three bucks. This is faster shipping than I get with Amazon Prime. I've also ordered some nuts, washers, bolts, etc and had a similar experience. Vans is doing a great job under the circumstances.

I really wanted to get these parts quickly because I need to include them in my next priming session so I can start assembly of the parts. Getting fast turnaround on replacement parts is a big deal to me because it cuts down on building delays.

Well done Vans!!!!
Same here. Ordered on 6th, processed on 9th, received on 14th.

I'll pile onto the good vibes and say I ordered 120 bucks of hardware Sunday night (as we do) and got an email this am from Vans that they're headed my way.

Yesterday I got notice that ABF freight has my tipper canopy enroute to me as well. Im only 132 miles away so should all be here this week.

A

It does help that you only live 153 miles from Van's......
Very true! But, there are four Amazon warehouses in Oregon and two of them are closer to me than Vans. Vans still gets things here faster and that is with the least expensive shipping. But, the shipping speed isn't controlled by Vans. What I'm thankful for is Vans processing the orders and getting them out the door quickly. They are providing better service than Amazon for me.

We appreciate the kind words. The team here that handles all the small parts shipping has been working hard on getting and staying caught up. There will always be times when it will go a little slower due to volume, but they've done great work as have all the other employees here that are pushing to make things happen!

I too have experienced the good deeds of the shipping folks at vans who did a fantastic job helping control our shipping costs by combining two shipments into one saving our group substantial money. Thank you! 😃👍🏻

I ordered a Van's data plate, and had it in my hot little hands in 5 days. I'm in Cody WY so I'm impressed. Well done "Van's Team"!

Has anyone had any correspondence from the “shipping” email from Vans? Ive sent two emails over the past month and have heard nothing from them.

I threw in an order for $350 worth of parts on a Sunday night, got a shipping notification on Monday afternoon and had the parts in-hand by Thursday here in New Jersey. Felt good getting something from the factory. Nice job guys.

PS: Only regret is that I forgot to add hat/tee-shirt to order. Next time.

That’s good to hear. I like to order hardware from them because I’m sure I’m using the right part numbers. I recently ordered a bunch of screws and washers from somewhere else and, by the time they arrived, I’d nearly forgotten what they were for.

What amazes me is how affordable the shipping is for small parts. I usually get charged just $3-$4. When I order something similar from the aircraft speciality stores, they typically charge $15-$20 for shipping.

I can attest to the fine work of the parts, shipping, and other staff at Vans. I made the trip down yesterday from Vancouver B.C with a fellow builder to pick up my RV14 fuselage kit and LCP replacements. I even quickly ordered some other things the night before. Upon arrival, everything was nicely packed and ready to go. As I walked from the shipping area through the factory/ warehouse to the front office, I can't express enough the amount of activity happening! The whole staff were working hard, super cheerful and a pleasure to deal with. They really helped me get that RV excitement feel again. Thank you

Last edited:
Back