What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shipping to Australia

Matt_Oz

I'm New Here
Hi Guys,

I?ve been keen to start building a kit aircraft for some time now and after MUCH reading and researching, I?m pretty much sold on an RV-10, just need to go for a ride in one to make 100% sure. I?m thinking the QB path for wings and fuselage to try and speed up the process (hopefully the quality of workmanship will be satisfactory!).

For the Australian based builders in the forums, did you (or will you) order the entire kit in one go, or one section at a time? Is there a significant shipping saving to be made by ordering it all at once? Storage space is an issue for me so I would prefer to order as required, however if it will be significantly more cost effective, I?ll get the lot at once.

Cheers

Matt

Welcome to VAF!!!!

Matt, welcome to VAF!!

Good to have another member from down under.

Matt,

We have got a -9a Q/B kit, the finish kit, firewall forward kit and accessories on the water at the moment. We finished up going with ACI (Australian Car Imports) Shipping. They are in Oregon not far from Van's, and are picking up regularly from Van's.
We did the sums and it worked out, going with ACI instead of Vans shipper, we had a substantial saving (nearly 50%), by time we will have it into the country.
One area where we got the savings was the docking and import/customs handling charges and duties (which is fairly substantial). Talk to Phil at ACI about this and he will explain how he can save you in this area. [email protected]

Also every time you ship something in you get hit by these charges. by shipping everything in at once you will only have one charge. Plus keep in mind, the GST tax is on everything to your door.

Back