What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shipping Charges Empennage/Tailcone

I paid $313,47 by air freight to the Netherlands / Europe. So it must be in between these two numbers.
Otherwise sent a quote request to Barb from Van's. Response and support is better than what I expected.

I had the wing and tail kits shipped to my hanger. This qualified as a business and I got a lower rate. The fuselage shipped to my home and it was 50% higher. Check and see if you get a better price by having it shipped to a business address.

Discount shipping

Is the discount in shipping cost given by Van's or the shipper (and passed on by Van's) ?

Van's has negotiated rates

Is the discount in shipping cost given by Van's or the shipper (and passed on by Van's) ?

Van's has negotiated a special rate with the freight companies (at least through ABF-suspect they have the same for the other shippers). It is not really "passed on by Van's" because you pay the shipper directly.

As noted in the posts above, there are several ways to save even more:

1) Van's has negotiated for airports to be considered "business deliveries" and this will lead to a savings.

2) If you pick up at the terminal rather than having the crate delivered, there can be a nice savings as well.

Combine shipments

I bought and shipped my Fuse and Emp kits together. Saved $100 on shipping to my house.

Back