What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

sheet metal brake

skydiverlv

Well Known Member
I am preparing a build brake for when I get to the stabilator aft skins.
Are there more skins in the later kits that need bent? I would like to make the brake the correct length. Also, is there a way to search the 12 forum without searching the entire site? Thanks

no Brake needed

A brake is NOT needed for any part of the RV-12. One can brake the edges of the tail skin with a hand tool or with a block of wood with a saw kerf in it.
To search the RV-12 forum, the web page should say VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-12. Then on the right side of the screen, click on SEARCH THIS FORUM.
Joe

Marty, I have mislead with my question. I am planning to squeeze/brake the aft edge of the aft stabilator skin to decrease the angle so the skin lays
naturally against the H-1208 aft ribs.

I also made a brake and used that initially but later on I just used a 2x4 to squeeze/brake the flaperon skins. I had better control with the 2x4 than with the brake (so besides the skins in the tailcone package the flaperon skins are the only skins that you need to brake/squeeze).

Bending%20Brake.JPG

Back