What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

set interchangeability between avery and main squeeze tools ...

Just wondering, are squeezer sets and dimple dies interchangeable between say the Avery hand squeezer and other squeezers such as Cleaveland's Main Squeeze or the Tatco tool? I've been buying tools in stages (for several reasons) and have purchased Avery's deluxe dimple die kit and deluxe squeezer set kit, was intending to get their hand squeezer but now leaning to the Main Squeeze. Just need to check the parts already purchased will fit that tool.

Sorry if this question has been answered before - did search but couldn't find specific answer.

They should all conform to the standard... I have sets from both and have no issues using them in any tools.

My $.02... skip the hand squeezer and go right for the pneumatic. Yes they are expensive, but you won't regret it.

I agree with Brad. I did a quick build 7A and never had a hand squeezer. 2 1/2", longeron, 4" no hole and 1" no hole were the only yokes I needed. Get the Avery adjustable set holder.

Roberta

Yes... but be careful of surplus...

They should all conform to the standard... I have sets from both and have no issues using them in any tools.

My $.02... skip the hand squeezer and go right for the pneumatic. Yes they are expensive, but you won't regret it.

...stuff, there is another standard out there (a really old one?) that uses rivet sets with 0.25 inch stems, instead of the 0.187 stems that we use....:eek:

I mostly agree...

...that if you have a pneumatic squeezer, it'll do 95% of all the squeezing you need to do. I have found occasions, however, where the pneumatic squeezer couldn't squeeze a rivet, but my Main Squeeze had no problem. This happens mostly on long rivets. Sometimes it can also be quite nice to have the extra bit of control you get with a manual squeezer.

Back