What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Servo position

Roll Servo in Fuse

Hi Peter,

Yes, I have installed a TruTrak roll servo in my fuselage - under the pilot seat.
What is your query ?

Cheers

Martin in Oz

Servo in fuselage

Peter, I installed my TruTrak elevator sevo next to the bellcrank behind the baggage compartment according to TruTraks directions.

Larry

Harvey said:
Hi Peter,

Yes, I have installed a TruTrak roll servo in my fuselage - under the pilot seat.
What is your query ?

Cheers

Martin in Oz

Martin,

Would you happen to have any pics of this installation? I'm ready to close up my wings and would like to do this install at a later date. Also, My aileron bellcranks are in place and I don't want to remove them to place the servo bracket(s) . At a later date, It would be a lot easier to deal with these servos in the fuse rather than through the inspection cover.

Thanks

Peter

G'day Peter,

I don't have any pics, and to be quite honest, the instruction sheet from TruTrak has a simple drawing with dimensions that pretty much explains it all.
You can download this from their website. Basicly, the servo and its mount don't have a lot of options when mounted under the seat. The connecting rod to the stick has a pair of rose joints that are threaded into the rod, so about an inch of adjustment there so that the servo arm and the stick are both set vertical (neutral), and the fore/aft position is determined by having the servo as far forward as possible to minimise the angle between the rod and the aileron push/pull tube, and without interfering with each other.
Having done it, it is a bit of a no-brainer....maybe not so much when you are trying to figure it out beforehand.

A tip - if you have the latest version which has 24 settings for sensitivity, not the 12 cited in the instructions, don't assume that you should increase the base setting as a result. I found that anything more than 5 or 6 made the movement too aggressive and jittery.... YMMV

Hope that helps

Martin in Oz

Back