What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

servo indicator

Ron B.

Well Known Member
Our elevator trim servo indicator is on a Skyview screen. When we set the trim to neutral ( flush with the elevator on both sides) it reads up higher (about at the 3/4 position of the full scale) rather than the center. The indicator also tops out before the trim reaches the all up position, ie the scale stops moving before the trim stops. The Skyview has the capability to show movement in volt readings , from 0 to 5 volts . When the graph stops climbing the voltage is at 5 volts, and does not change with the traveling servo while it is finishing it's stroke.
This leads me to believe the potentiameter( spelling?) is out of sink.
Anyone have a problem with a Ray Allen servo like this?
Ron

I have a dynon D-120 and you should calibrate/teach dynon servo position before it show you right position on screen. Go back and recalibrate.

We might be doing something wrong, but we calibrated full up and full down positions. We don't see any other options other than a takeoff position marker. What are we missing?
Thanks Ron

You have 3 wires that are use to sense servo position, I am pretty sure that thouse wire are in wrong position.

Could be, but why / how would it read the correct direction . I'll have to think about it.

Back