What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Service Ceiling??

meadeduck

Well Known Member
George, my partner, took the plane up to +-14k' a couple of days ago and said he could have kept going except he didn't have any O2 with him. (He has a current Private ticket.) It was pretty much a typical Georgia afternoon flight with the temps in the lower humid 90's. Has anyone else tested the "upper limits"?
Meade and George
N612RV
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
George, my partner, took the plane up to XXXXX a couple of days ago and said he could have kept going except he didn't have any O2 with him. (He has a current Private ticket.) It was pretty much a typical Georgia afternoon flight with the temps in the lower humid 90's. Has anyone else tested the "upper limits"?
Meade and George
N612RV
:)

You might want to edit your post to fix an obvious typo. I bet you meant he reached 14,000' which would be a legal no-ox altitude, not the altitude you posted, which would be in violation of FAR's without supplimental oxygen.

;-)

Last edited:
Typo

I can only keep my 12 at 12500 to 14000 for about 30 minutes. I'm sure your's is the same way.

Meade - you better take a typing class. Hitting the wrong keys like that could get you into trouble.;)

been to 17,999 and still climbing........

at 500fpm. a test for a new o2 back years ago. 1 person 1/2 tanks fuel. great plane.

Cieling Typoe

Yup, my fingers slipped...and I think George was practicing his breath-holding limits...:eek:
Meade

Meade, only had mine to 3600 so far. Still grinding out the hrs at low alt. Will try higher later. Hope to see you at the Cracker Fly in on Sat.
Dick Seiders -(only at 9 hrs, but getting there).

Cracker fly in is at Gainesville, GA. (GVL). Good turnout every year. Lots of planes (all types) , RV's, and old British cars. (Austin-Healeys). Awards given for best, etc. Food is cheap, and good. Be interesting to see how many of the 4(?) Georgia RV 12's are there.
Dick Seiders

Gainesville Fly-In

Can't make it this month; we tired of looking at the necked 'luminum so we pulled the wings to put in the lights. The wings are here at the house, where we'll do the work, then we'll bring the fuselage and do the autopilot. THEN, we're off to the local MAACO paint shop...;)
Meade

Back