What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Service Bulletins, Service Letters, etc

YME

Well Known Member
While waiting for things to settle at Vans before ordering additional sections, I was wondering if "Bullentins, Letters etc" that apply to a specific aircraft are complied with when ordering new kits.

Do I still have to search for older "Bullentins, Letters" to make sure they are complied with? And, I would assume that if there were any changes that Vans would supply the items necessary to comply with that change.

Can't say what they are doing now, but my kit was delivered earlier this year with a couple of SBs included with the other parts.

SBs

Typically, SBs are current in the kit. The parts are included. Manual and drawings are current.

Typically, SBs are current in the kit. The parts are included. Manual and drawings are current.

My RV-14 empennage kit delivered in October did not have current plans. It was missing the updated plans for SB-00036 which were released four months earlier. Check your plans to make sure you have the latest versions!

My RV-14 empennage kit delivered in October did not have current plans. It was missing the updated plans for SB-00036 which were released four months earlier. Check your plans to make sure you have the latest versions!
bertschb,

I will make sure to double check dates on the plans when receiving a new kit.

Can confirm this is not accurate. My RV12is empenage shipped in August this year, drawings did not contain SBs which were updated March 2023. I think they must print drawings in bulk every so often. This lead to drilling out some rivets to add the stiffener clip SB, no big deal. The parts for all current SBs were included however.

Back