What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Serial #120003 Flies After 37 Months

JerryG150

Well Known Member
N124JG flew yesterday after 37 months of "stop 'n go" building. The flight was low and slow, but a flight none the less. Look closely, you can see air under the tires. The morning began with the FAA issuing my Airworthy Certificate ... then came the momentous liftoff.

CLICK HERE to see first flight. Longer, higher and faster flights to follow.

CLICK HERE to see day two flight (a bit higher and faster than the first flight)

Last edited:
Way to Go

You of all people were more excited about building a 12 than any of us. To know that it is now ready to fly makes us all happy...for you Jerry.

Congratulations
Pete

Fantastic NEWS!

Jerry,

That is FANTASTIC! Many of us read your builders log when we started our kits as you were leading the pack. It must feel just great now that the build is complete and you can now fly. Congratulations! :)

Congrats Jerry! I always love to look at your picture because you have had the RV grin from the beginning! John

Congulations - you have earned it!

Jerry, thanks for your great videos and web site. 37 months may be the longest 12 build so far but would be pretty good for any other hombuilt. Also some of us may take your 'title' away.

Keep up your posts.

-Dave

37 months

Congratulations Jerry!
Hearing that you're in the air renews my hope. Unless a "rich uncle" suddenly appears out of nowhere, I'm virtually certain that I'll surpass your record this fall. Nevertheless, we're enjoying our build and appreciate this community and the lessons everyone is sharing.
Clear Skies!
Dave in Huntsville, AL

Awesome job.. congrats.. looks like the 3rd first flight this week from what I can see. Things seem to be picking up steam in terms of finished planes.

N124JG flew yesterday after 37 months of "stop 'n go" building. The flight was low and slow, but a flight none the less. Look closely, you can see air under the tires. The morning began with the FAA issuing my Airworthy Certificate ... then came the momentous liftoff.

[

Now that was one short flight. Nothing like being cautious. Looks like if you had held that attitude a bit longer, it would would have been up, up and away.

Congrats, you made the first flight. :)

I have to admire your tenacity. If I were to quit building for a month, I would never get back on it again I fear..

congratulations!

congratulations and good luck with your test phase! i look forward to your updated photo with you and your wife in the 12!

Congrats

Well done, Jerry. For a while I thought you had vanished from the planet. But obviously just busy completing your plane ;-)

Cheers...Keith

Well done!

Congratulations Jerry. You don't know me since I don't build and am just a lurker... but I've followed your build from the beginning and all of the videos you posted on youtube and I must say that you are a REAL inspiration to those of us who may one day follow in your footsteps. Enjoy the accomplishment, its well deserved.

-- M

Way to go...Jerry!

Carrie and I have watched you from the start. We have #80 and have flown since July 2010 and have 350 hours on 'Harriet's Charriot'...as of today. You will be taking lots of wonderful flights in the future...enjoy!

Jay and Carrie Sluiter
Albany, OR

Back