What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SERFI 2013

Weasel

Well Known Member
We attended our third in a row SERFI on Friday and Saturday. A 30Kt tailwind got us there in a hurry!

We arrived Friday evening just in time to set up our tent and head over to our EAA chapter base camp and enjoy a steak supper with friends.

Tent camping with a 3 ? yo and a 1 ? yo and the forecast warning of mid-low 30?s made us a bit apprehensive but it was great. Thanks to one of those kind friends loaning us a small propane heater the night wasn?t quite so miserable as I?d feared.

Here?s a pic of our wing Saturday morning.
20131026_075811.jpg

When After enjoying a pancake and sausage breakfast in the red hangar we just strolled around looking at the other aircraft and chatting with owners/builders. The day warmed quickly and soon we were shedding our jackets.

Our chapter members had sort of parked together and the remainder of the day we just spent in our camping area hanging out with friends and talking to folks who came by asking about our -10.

We headed for home at 3:30 and still had time to unpack and shower before heading to Grandpa?s for pizza-ya gotta love an RV! J

20131025_171504.jpg

20131025_172137.jpg

20131025_171507.jpg

20131025_174528.jpg

20131025_175022.jpg

20131026_070804.jpg

20131026_073140.jpg

Joel,
It was good to see you and your family again. There was a great crowd there this year. Over 500 airplanes. Many very nice examples of craftsmanship. I was pleasantly surprised at the awards banquet and I didn't think we really had a chance of winning anything with all the other great RV's there. Was I ever surprised!!!

I spent a lot of the day talking with a prospective 9A builder from the Gulf Coast and think I sufficiently "set the hook"!!! His wife is excited about the prospect of the build.

I was glad that we opted to forgo the camping and just spend the day there on Saturday and a beautiful flight home after the awards banquet.

Congratulations

Congratulations Paul on winning grand prize and best metal awards. Everyone is anxious to see a picture too.
Cheers,
Bill McLean
RV-4 Slider
lower Alabama

Joel,
It was good to see you and your family again. There was a great crowd there this year. Over 500 airplanes. Many very nice examples of craftsmanship. I was pleasantly surprised at the awards banquet and I didn't think we really had a chance of winning anything with all the other great RV's there. Was I ever surprised!!!

I spent a lot of the day talking with a prospective 9A builder from the Gulf Coast and think I sufficiently "set the hook"!!! His wife is excited about the prospect of the build.

I was glad that we opted to forgo the camping and just spend the day there on Saturday and a beautiful flight home after the awards banquet.

Way to go man!!! Congratulations!!!

http://www.serfi.org/2013/2013_Champs/2013_Champs.htm

Thanks Bill and Weasel I appreciate the kind words. Here's a picture of my 9A right out of paint. There were an awful lot of REALLY good looking airplanes there this weekend and some weren't even RV's!!! I will get some better pictures soon.

I owe a lot of thanks to a lot of people who not only put up with all the questions but gave me a huge amount of good advice also. I won't name names because I might leave someone out. You all know who you are.

Back