What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sensenich Factory Tour

Gagarin737

Well Known Member
I'm on vacation in Florida and yesterday we went to Plant City near Lakeland (Sun & Fun) to visit Sensenich to change my propeller hub. We had a very nice factory tour and have seen the fabrication of the wooden and composite propellers.
When we returned home I found the "RV-12 Transition Fairings" on the door step, good vacation so far ;-)

Pictures of the factory tour; Sensenich

IMAGE_1000000474.JPG

IMAGE_1000000472.JPG

IMAGE_1000000464.JPG

IMAGE_1000000462.JPG

IMAGE_1000000476.JPG

IMAGE_1000000478.JPG

Last edited:
Prop Hub

Wish I knew you were there. My hub is stuck at Sensenich in Florida, and I cannot get anyone to tell me what the status is :-(

Cheers...Keith

Maybe we go back to Orlando next week (small change). In that case I will drive by again and ask.
Maybe I got yours ;-)

Hub repair

Wish I knew you were there. My hub is stuck at Sensenich in Florida, and I cannot get anyone to tell me what the status is :-(
Cheers...Keith
I recently sent my propeller hub to Sensenich for repair. I called on August 10 to check on the status, and a Sensenich employee named Mike said that he had just sent a batch of hubs to be anodized. UPS delivered a repaired hub to me yesterday, August 16. Keith, perhaps you will get a repaired hub from that batch.
Sensenich will ship a repaired hub to those who give an $800 deposit that will be refunded after they receive your old one. This might be the way to go for those who do not want to be grounded for any length of time.
Joe Gores

Update

Wish I knew about the $800 deposit option :-(

Anyway MIke contaced me today. Apparently he's expecting a batch next Tuesday. So by the time I get my replacement it will have been a month.

Cheers...Keith

HMMMM???

I wrote Sensenich soon after the3 service bulletin was posted and told them that my blades showed no indication of creep and that my plan was to keep flying throughout the summer while checking the bladed at regular intervals since I didn't want down time in the middle of summer. I was told about the $800.00 option but wrote back saying that unless I saw any signs of change my "earliest convenience" would be October.
Much to my surprise, about three weeks ago a new black hub arrived along with a letter that that said it was an exchange for one I'd returned. I hadn't, but swapped the hub last week and sent the gold one back along with a letter thanking them.

The old hub still hadn't changed any but my blade angle settings were just a hair different with the new hub to get 4950 rpm WOT. Maybe a density altitude fact (Hot August day vs mild late Sept. day)????

Wayne 120241/143WM

Back