What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sedalia, MO DMO

rolivi

Well Known Member
Sponsor
So on the way to Oshkosh a few us of stopped at DMO for fuel, break, weather update.

I, and others, puzzled over how the fuel farm's grounding mechanism worked. I must admit it looked odd and I didn't understand it, but I kept the metal bob on the wing like that was taking care of it?

Anyway, today I finally called the airport and asked how the heck it is supposed to work and the guy told me, "I don't either. We had it removed and installed a reel like everywhere else"

Anyway... DMO is a nice fuel stop if you're out that way.

edit: Real, Reel, Really?

Last edited:
We stopped at Monett, MO

On the way home from OSH...

Southwest of Springfield...nice, long runway, cheap self-serve and clean restrooms. Not much traffic (or anything else going on there) and it was a speedy turn-was in/out in 30 minutes...

Going up, I have gotten great service from the folks at Walnut Ridge, AR...have been fed free (twice) by them, gotten full serve gas at self-serve price and last time they gave us a couple of free t-shirts too! Very clean facilities-wife approved!

Dandy WWII museum just a short walk from the FBO and then there's the Parachute Inn restaurant (converted out of an old Southwest 737 airliner) next door, which I still haven't had time to eat at.

Two thumbs up for a food/fuel/potty stop...

Last edited:
Back