What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Securing Wire through rib holes

CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
I just saw another builder site that I can't remember that was using some sort of riveted ziptie attachment point in their rib holes. It was riveted near the hole and could have wiring ziptie to it going in in 2 different directions. Any clue what they are called or where to get them?

Unfortunately no. I need something that will secure a wire or tube that is passing through a rib/lightening hole. Those can't be mounted to allow that to happen.

How bout these?

http://www.tnb-canada.com/en/catalogues/online/industrial_MRO/pdf/c1/Ty-Rap_Catamount/Sections/02-Ty-Rap%20Cable%20ties_en.pdf[/URL]

Interesting. A poor man's substitute would be a small piece of scrap 3/4"x3/4" angle with holes drilled in both flanges. Angle would also give you the option of providing a mount for an adel clamp if at some point you wanted to go that route.

Brackets

Just make em.
Forming a shallow saddle in the bend will keep the tube centered.

brackets.jpg

Dave A.
6A build

That's what I did.

Interesting. A poor man's substitute would be a small piece of scrap 3/4"x3/4" angle with holes drilled in both flanges. Angle would also give you the option of providing a mount for an adel clamp if at some point you wanted to go that route.

Quick and easy. I used Adel's to secure a composite conduit for future (probably never need it) additions.

Back