What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Securing Fuel Line from Servo to Injector

CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
I have a stock YIO-540 and Silverhawk XP Servo and I just connected the firesleeved fuel hose from the spider to the servo. The hose was already connected to the spider when it was delivered. There doesn't seem to be any information in the Van's plans for this line, but I am finding that the hose is very close to the area above the oil sump and could easily rub over time. I'm thinking I will need to secure to one of the case bolts with an adel or other retaining system.

What are others doing with this line?

WP_001820.jpg

WP_001821.jpg

I installed a short piece of spiral wrap there. I fabricated a ss stand off to the left(facing fwd) for my # 6 ga alt cable/clamp.

A blob of red high-temp RTV silicone in between the firesleeve and the sump. Not elegant, but cheap and works extremely well. Just make sure there is an air gap in between the firesleeve and the sump before filling it in with the RTV.

another idea ...

I've seen stand-offs for that line (and others) that are bolted to the nearest oil sump bolt. Works good.

Hey Mark---Kinda with Terry and Neil on this---a standoff from a sump bolt, with an adel clamp. Give yourself alittle slack for movement.

Back