What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Section 38, page 38-09

Halleffect

Step 8 has you cleco the canopy skin and Forward Canopy Rails to the Forward Canopy Frame Assemblies. There is no mention of clecoing the Mid Canopy Frames. In Step 9 the instructions say to check fluting on the Forward and Mid Canopy Frames. There are explicit instructions at the top of page 38-08 to follow the steps exactly, but support agrees that the Mid Canopy Frames should be included in Step 8. Has anyone else asked Van's about this?

Has anyone else asked Van's about this?
Yes, I found it kinda humorous to have that explicit note, and then right after, have a lapse in the plans. I've included some pictures on how I did mine that may or may not help. I remember messing around with those flanges for what seemed like way too long. The only issue I had is when doing the final close out piece my frame went out of square. Not a huge deal, drilled some out and was able to twist it back to square. One other deviation I remember was to countersink the holes in the c-01408s prior to page 38-17. Hopefully this helps,
20230812_154034.jpeg

20230829_141747.jpeg20231008_145653.jpegIMG_0284.pngIMG_0286.jpeg

Yes, I found it kinda humorous to have that explicit note, and then right after, have a lapse in the plans. I've included some pictures on how I did mine that may or may not help. I remember messing around with those flanges for what seemed like way too long. The only issue I had is when doing the final close out piece my frame went out of square. Not a huge deal, drilled some out and was able to twist it back to square. One other deviation I remember was to countersink the holes in the c-01408s prior to page 38-17. Hopefully this helps,
Thanks, Todd, appreciate the feedback.

Back