What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Section 22 Page 2 Suggestions

Jetguy

Well Known Member
Did anybody else find page 22-2 a bit hard to follow. Yes I have the latest revisions.
1. Seems like Vans should have spread this page out over about three pages with more graphics.
2. Step 2, Last sentence, which side of part F-1288 do I countersink? Yes I used deductive thinking to figure it out. But a couple of more words would have been nice. Also it didn?t say anything about countersinking the nutplate holes on this same part, more reasoning.
3. Step 3: ?Dimple nutplates?. Ok Experienced builders please speak up. How does this rule of thumb sound: If I countersink a part that will need a nutplate it is not necessary to dimple the nutplate.
4. Step 5 Add the words: ?on the F1201C? at the end of the sentence?.. Picky I know.
5. Step 14 Add the sentence ?Because you will be cutting into the flange of the F-1217A-R and this may cause the unibit to shear off from dead center?.

These are just suggestions for Vans. THXS J

Section 22 update

Guys you might want to rivet the F-1202E- R and L Post as per page 23-04 before you finish section 22 and attach the lower firewall and skins to the front of your fuse. It will be so much easier to attach the F-1202E before you do this. J

Thanks for the suggestion Jetguy. I'll make note of this in my plans. On another note, the revision does not call for firewall sealant. Any reason for this? Scott

Back