What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Section 11-06 step 7

JerryG150

Well Known Member
Is there a crimper/stripper with a small enough guage to strip the wires of the sero? Mine goes small but not that small. Suggestions? :confused:

Thanks guys ...

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I went with the less expensive tool and it works fine. It just strips that tiny #26 guage wire perfectly.

Marty ... sorry to see your F1240 panel cover bent but you did a super job of fixing it! :) None will ever notice it ... I guarantee it. :) I'll try to remember to use some washers and maybe avoid that problem when I get to that point. Someone told me when one (a non-builder) looks at your finished RV-12, especially if they're going for a ride in it, all they ever notice is the paint job, the panel & the seats ... period. I'm counting on that! :) ;)

Stripping with soldering iron

I laid the wire on a block of wood and pressed down on it with a soldering iron, then pulled the wire. That Teflon insulation does not melt like other types of insulation. But the Teflon did soften and stretch thin. After 3 or 4 tries on each wire, the Teflon became thin enough so that I was able to pull it off from the wire without breaking any of the strands. I do have a wire stripper with an adjustable orifice, but it usually ends up breaking a a few strands.
Joe

Back