What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Section 10 and 11 updates

Will vans supply the parts for existing customers with regards to lighting changes. I have finished the wings and lighting but am waiting for them to ship the finishing kit.

Will vans supply the parts for existing customers with regards to lighting changes. I have finished the wings and lighting but am waiting for them to ship the finishing kit.

I'm in the same boat. I could still easily incorporate all the changes shown for sections 10, 11 and 40, but I'm not sure about the additional part numbers or whether Vans will offer upgrade kits to make it easy. I've emailed them about upgrading the lighting kit, which I will be installing soon.

Revision 10-18-11

The addition of the new servo tray with the terminal bracket certainly is a good method of securing the wires. Should we order the new part and rebuild the servo tray assembly? I assume that it would be easy to do...I have not connected the stabilator.

Second: should the static tubes be changes "as per the revision" or was the original installation totally acceptable? ....with the Tee on the left side.

Drawing revisions

I'm not an engineer, but have worked with engineering companies all my life and Van's is the first I've seen that revises drawings and then lets the users find the changes? What's so difficult in listing the changes in the index and marking them on the drawing??? I can't tell how much this p___'s me off.

Getting Van's Weary,

Bill

Revision Number

I'm not an engineer, but have worked with engineering companies all my life and Van's is the first I've seen that revises drawings and then lets the users find the changes? What's so difficult in listing the changes in the index and marking them on the drawing??? I can't tell how much this p___'s me off.

Getting Van's Weary,

Bill

I agree
We always used a Triangle with the Revision number in it.
Not that hard.

Printing Drawing Revisions

When printing these revisions, I get a page that's half the original page. This is normal with a regular letter format printer. What I would like is to print each page over two letter format pages that I would then stitch together to provide the original page size. This involves X2 zoom but I have not found a way to print the zoomed view over two pages with Acrobat. Has anyone done that? :confused:

Take the files to a copy center and have them print them full size. It's not expensive and they have the equipment.

Dave

Take the files to a copy center and have them print them full size. It's not expensive and they have the equipment.

Dave

Thanks Dave, probably the best solution as it does not make sense to scrounge a few bucks after spending 75+ Grands on the plane!

I have not found a way to print the zoomed view over two pages with Acrobat. Has anyone done that?
Zoom in to show only what you want to print. Click FILE, PRINT and choose CURRENT VIEW.
Joe Gores

The best I can find for printing 11 x 17 at home on a standard printer is to tile over four pages and trim back to 11 x 17. Taking it down to a print center would be the cleaner option.

Here are the instructions from Adobe on printing larger formats...

1. Choose File > Print.
2. From the Page Scaling pop-up menu, select one of the following options:
Tile Large Pages Tile only the pages that are larger than the paper.
Tile All Pages Tile all the pages in the PDF file.
Note: If the tile options are not in the menu, make sure that the following options are not selected in the Advanced Print dialog box: Print As Image or, for Acrobat only, Separations or In-RIP Separations. Also check your version of Reader. Reader 9 does not support tiling.
3. Set the following options as needed:
Tile Scale Scales the pages by the amount you specify.
Overlap Determines the amount each tile overlaps adjacent tiles.
Cut Marks Adds guide marks to each page to help you trim the overlap.
Labels Adds the filename and page number on each "tile".

Back