What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Section 06-06 K1100-08 nut plate?

redmark

All,

I'm working on Section 06-06 and the nut plate K1100-08 in the manual looks like this?

but the nut plates shipped in my tail kit look like this? I pulled this out of a package labeled as such.

Which is correct? The drawing in the manual seems to match the K1100-08(s) in the Aircraft Spruce catalog.

Thanks,
-Ron

The drawing in the manual is correct. the anchor nut you have pictured is a K1000. The K1100 is countersunk to accept a dimpled hole.

Nutplates

The nutplate that you photographed is the K1000-08. The K1100-08 has a larger cone shaped hole in the center that will accept dimpled skin.
Joe

Pictures missing

Sorry but question here I am not able to see the pictures. I think I am running into this same Problem I believe.

Nutplates.jpg

Nutplates.jpg

Joe Gores

Another information source for hardware identification questions is the chart in Chapter 5 of the assembly manual.

FYI: I too was missing the K1100-08's back when I was at that section of the build. I called Van's and they told me their parts bags were "very correct" and I must have misplaced them. I looked for hours for them and never located them. They were not in the bag listed on the inventory list.

I just ordered some from Aircraft Spruce and went on....cheap to purchase...

Another information source for hardware identification questions is the chart in Chapter 5 of the assembly manual.

IMHO, Ch.5 is a little light on nutplates....I had the same difficulty in initially id'ing the nutplates...there are excellent pictorials of the different rivet types and rivet guides...electrical info and other fasteners....but very little in the way of nut plate id info....I have read through Ch5 at least 5-6 times and some is still greek to me but I looked several times for detailed nutplate info....and found one small paragraph on nutplates and no pics.

I ended up using a combination of aircraft spruce info, and the detailed bag inventory guide to help me figure it out. That and AN3 bolts vs #8 screws helped obviously...but I was still only 99.9% sure!

The pictures that Joe posted above are excellent and would make an excellent addition to a very full and information packed Ch.5 I think.

My 2 cents.

Back