What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sec FF3 Control Cables Info

Wayne Gillispie

Well Known Member
For those unmodified -10 builders like myself that are getting close to the end and not already aware of this issue make sure you take the three control cables off your order.

If using Van's panel, IO-540-D4A5, vernier style push-pull cables here is my recommendation...order from ACS the following: 49.5" throttle(I purch vans 50.5" one and it is 1" too long but better than too short); 52.5" mixture p# A-1760-20-0525-V and 73.5" prop p# A-1760-30-0735-V.

Also be aware that Van's VA-182 throttle/mixture bracket is too thin(.063") or not reinforced enough to provide a rigid mounting for ends of cables. The cable holes are not lined up properly especially mixture which has 8 deg of mis-alignment. The throttle cable aft of monting hole is jammed up against oil sump. My recommendation on this...purchase 18"X18"X.080" 4130 sheet from ACS and use VA-182 as a guide. TIG or gas weld. Then you will have a bracket made for an RV-10 and not this piece that was just easier to stock. Mat cost= $25.00. Labor= all depends on your expertise and if you have to pay a welder.

Last edited:
Back