What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Seatback brace alignment question

alpinelakespilot2000

Well Known Member
Just finished my seatbacks and the braces last night and noticed something a little bit odd...

The seatback braces do not slip into the slot on top of the 905 bulkhead in a centered position. Rather, the seatback brace is all the way to the inboard edge of the bulkhead slot, leaving about a half inch of the bulkhead slot on the outboard side. Is this normal? I would have figured that the brace would be centered in the slot. I've checked the seatpan hinge position (and it is the required 7/8" from the inboard edge of the seatpan skin), and the seat does appear to be centered on the crotch strap slot on the skin, but still I'm wondering why they didn't center it on the slot on the bulkhead. Any thoughts before I drill the hinges to the right seat pan?

Thanks for the replies. Mine look just like Scott's, so it looks like I'm OK (since he is way ahead of me). I'm jumping ahead a little in the plans (putting the seats in), so I have no flap box yet for reference, but my seat backs are where the plans say the should be on the drawings, so again, all looks to be well. Thanks again for the confirmation.

Back