What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Seat Ventilation Harness

Hi All, first time posting for help, hope I’m in the right place!

I purchased a RV-9A earlier this year (first plane had to be an RV!). It came with 6 ventilation fans built into each seat, though they are not hooked up. I was provided two harnesses by the owner.

There three wires which need to be connected to the airplane for these fans to function. Red and black, which are pretty self explanatory, but each harness also has a blue wire. Each harness has a single switch and 3 different fans speeds so I imagine this blue wire has something to do with this feature. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!IMG_8752.jpegIMG_8753.jpegIMG_8754.jpegIMG_8755.jpeg

I'm curious how effective the ventilation is as I have never been in an airplane with ventilated seats.
Hopefully one day soon I can report back! Doubt it’ll be as good as air conditioned seats in modern cars, but it’s to be worth something. Here in FL I’ll take anything even if it’s just a puff of air.

Contact Lemke, looks like their kit, includes 6 fans.

My guess blue is signal eg: speed selection, red and black / power ground, blue speed via the speed controller, the small box , pic#3

Contact Lemke, looks like their kit, includes 6 fans.

My guess blue is signal eg: speed selection, red and black / power ground, blue speed via the speed controller, the small box , pic#3
It is actually a Lemke kit, good eye! I found the invoice for the interior in with the harnesses. I tried calling them, but they’re out of office until September 10th. What would you connect the blue wire to, a power source along with the red lead?

Here you go….a good company to do business with like many favored by RVer’s
Enjoy your RV !

View attachment 69490
This forum is incredible. Thank you sir! Any idea how many amps these fans pull? I have power right underneath my panel on the pilot side. I don’t have seat heaters, but assume the direction is still applicable.

Last edited:
Back