What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Seat ribs interfering with controls, fix?

Sig600

Well Known Member
I can't get beyond neutral on forward throw of the stick. The 610 hits the seat ribs. Unfortunately I didn't figure out where the hang up was until the powder coat had been gouged. Anyone had this problem or know a fix?

mw2i5k.jpg

rv-9a build required that I remove rib material to clear stick

rv-9a build required that I remove rib material to clear stick throw. I primed areas on the tube that scuffed the powder coating during fit.

Thanks Steve. Pretty much what I figured, just surprised this wasn't mentioned in plans.

Thanks Steve. Pretty much what I figured, just surprised this wasn't mentioned in plans.

I don't think the ribs are cut exactly like described in drawing 22. Close, but just far enough off to give the interference. As you already determined, make clearance cuts and move ahead.

Had the same problem on my -9A. Solution was to get the angle grinder out and let 'er rip! Well, not quite, but a bit of filing was enough to eliminate the interference.

yeah if I recall correctly you were to radius and clear that area before you cut out the removable portions

Here is the best shot I have of the offending area on my 9A, you can see a couple of the ribs with some material removed. You don't have to take much, but you do have to take some.

0000152.jpg

Also, beware the seat pan screws that can interfere with the torque tub as well. Stick some screws in to check.

Back