What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Seat position

shiney

Well Known Member
I'm currently building my seats and I would like to position them so that I get maximum elbow room, therefore I'm planning on positioning them as close as I can to the outside wall. My question is does this have any effect for when I come to fixi the upholstery (I'm going classic).

Martin

which elbow? left or right? :)

seriously, I'd suggest following plans.. not sure if you're tipup or not.. but if you position the seatbacks too far out, you won't be able to close the canopy...

It matters

Don't forget. The Classic Aero Designs model with the head rests have the seat backs built in. (Nice)
Then you basicly position them in the center per Van's plans. The Classic Aero Designs side panels (if you go with them) stick out enough to provide a nice armrest and are right up against the side of the seat backs.

I still had room between the seats to fabricate an arm rest/map box.

Here's a link with some pictures of my interior which may or may not show you anything to help with your question!

http://picasaweb.google.com/afulmer1/InteriorSeatsAndPanels

I could send more pics if you need more detail.

I gave my already fabricated seat backs to someone on this list for the shipping cost.

Don't

Hi Martin,
We have the Classic Aero seats in the -6A and the seats are in the stock location. The sides of the seats rub the arm rest so I think that if you move them out, you're gonna have to redo them later.

Regards,

Thanks Allen, I've just looked at your pics, very nice. I guess I'm wasting my time then building the seats if I go with the head rest set from classic!

Is it a tip up?

If it is a tip up, you need to watch seat back to roll bar interference.
Alan Jackson
RV-9A Tip up in work

Yeah, if you try to go outboard, you're going to open up a can of hurt. I suppose, though, if you don't build in those position "things" on the 705 bulkhead (but just lean the seats against the bulkhead, that might work.)

Back