What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Seat Belt Hanger

Wesael

Well Known Member
I had been planning to do this for a while and finaly got it done.

I should have taken more pics during the build but it didnt get done for whatever reason.

I did this as an experiment.....I carved the basic piece from stiff PVC foam then covered it thickly with flox (Cotton/Epoxy).

Flox does not want to sand very easy but a high speed die grinder with a sand paper wheel will cut it.

It took several coats of flox to fill places that I sanded through but all in all it turned out nice.

I used several thick coats of Krylon alkyd enamel as an easy way to cover slight inperfections.

Ended up very strong. I had my doubts when I started but seems great as long as my daughter does not use it for a chin-up bar during long cross countrys......I can already see that happening :eek::eek::eek:

IMAG0754.jpg

IMAG0755.jpg

IMAG0756.jpg

It looks very nice! I went the easy route and ordered a bracket. Since I don't have my seats back yet, I don't where to place it. Do you have the Aerosport overhead? I might be able to use your photos to determine where I need to locate the bracket

It looks very nice! I went the easy route and ordered a bracket. Since I don't have my seats back yet, I don't where to place it. Do you have the Aerosport overhead? I might be able to use your photos to determine where I need to locate the bracket

Brandi Urein post some photos where they put their hanger recently. Unfortunately, I can't remember where she posted. You Amy want to check out her and Brian's web site

Pm me

Bill, send me a pm or email and I'll send you a pic of where I put my hangar on my Aerosport ohc. I like the location.

Do you have the Aerosport overhead? I might be able to use your photos to determine where I need to locate the bracket

Yes it is the overhead by Geoff. U can gauge from the screws aprox where it is located if you have the same overhead.

Sounds like you are closing in on finishing if you are working on this :D:D:D

Waiting to here about the first flight.

Back