What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

sealing fuel tank ribs

coffeeguy

Well Known Member
I sealed my first two ribs in the fuel tank. Wow. That was an interesting experience. Not bad, but the first one just took a while. I finished all of the stiffeners and they weren't bad at all. My first rib took an hour and 45 minutes from start to finish with the cleanup. Did my second rib tonight and it only took about an hour and 15 minutes. Much better. The first one took me a while to get set and clecoed into place. Second rib went in much easier. I'll be good at this by the time I finish my tanks. It's not as bad as I thought.

Jeff

I sealed my first two ribs in the fuel tank. Wow. That was an interesting experience. Not bad, but the first one just took a while. I finished all of the stiffeners and they weren't bad at all. My first rib took an hour and 45 minutes from start to finish with the cleanup. Did my second rib tonight and it only took about an hour and 15 minutes. Much better. The first one took me a while to get set and clecoed into place. Second rib went in much easier. I'll be good at this by the time I finish my tanks. It's not as bad as I thought.

Jeff

I agree, it wasn't as bad as I thought but took waaaaaaay longer than I thought. The leading edge will zoom by if you haven't done it yet.

Back