What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SD-8 alternator/generator wiring

db8

Well Known Member
I am a little confused on the Z-13 diagram vs the instructions that came with the SD-8. I want to follow the Z-13 diagram. Was wondering if someone might know the answer to this?

Is it safe to assume the 5 amp cb for the aux alt on/off switch is for a ground wire? I am going to use a three position switch (off/stby alt/stby alt & ess bus) that I think is called a DPDT like the master switch on the same diagram, and wonder how this will work? I think this might be like the diagram from B&C that shows a switch going to the Pwr Dist Bus protected by a 2 amp cb? Would I just connect the switch wire to red side instead of the black side (where the crowbar over voltage module connects to the PM over voltage protective black square) in this situation? I think that's what B&C shows? Would I use a 5 amp or 2 amp cb? I probably wouldn't need the jumper then as shown on the Z-13 diagram?

I guess the only things protecting the SD-8 are the 5 amp (mainly for switch) and fuse linkif using the Z-13?

Thanks. Dave

Back