What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Schroth seatbelts

Schroth Belts

Hi Michael,
I have Schroth belts in my RV-10, and Rob liked them
so much that he ordered a set. They were ordered from
BAE Systems in Florida ([email protected])
and are custom made to order. It has been several years
since I ordered mine, but the cost was around $400 per seat.
They should have engineering drawings on file for the
RV-10 harnesses, but if you have any trouble I can dig them up
from my files. You could also check www.schroth.com for
a European distributor.
- Dan Benua

Simpson

You can also get Simpson formula car harnesses and make them work. We have Simpson 6-point harnesses for all four seats in our (non-RV) homebuilt.

Schroth seat belts

Hooker can supply the Schroth rotary buckle on their seat belts, however it is a special order item and takes them longer to make. Cost is cheaper than the Schroth belts.

Also Schroth will only supply an entire seat belt set; you can's buy just a replacement croitch strap for instance.

John Ciolino
RV-8
N894Y

Hooker can supply the Schroth rotary buckle on their seat belts, however it is a special order item and takes them longer to make. Cost is cheaper than the Schroth belts.

Also Schroth will only supply an entire seat belt set; you can's buy just a replacement croitch strap for instance.

John Ciolino
RV-8
N894Y

Are you sure? A racing buddy had his schroth set rewebbed a few years back.

Maybe he had somebody other than schroth do them.

I would contact Schroth directly. They should be able to answer your questions or tell you what measurements to take.

From flying with Schroth and Gadringer seatbelts in various gliders, I have to admit that I like the Gadringer belts more. Easier to close, easier to tighten, similar rotating buckle. Just something you might want to look at.

Schroth seat belts

I bought mine through Karas Engineering located in NJ. I bought seat belts early in the project and when I went to fit them the seat belts were too short (I used Classic Aero seats which are apparently taller than most. I like that but...t.

I contacted Karas to get longer belts and was told Schroth only sells complete sets. YMMV

John Ciolino
RV-8
N894Y

Back