What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SB12-09-26 Loose Gear Legs: Addendum issued

I would like to pass my thanks to Van's and particularly Scott McDaniels for being forthcoming with the original service bulletin, the addendum to the service bulletin and something that has not happened in the past, an analysis of the issue. All are now available via the cover page on Van's website.

Being forthcoming with such an analysis is akin to a breath of fresh air. The analysis allows all to follow the investigation and allows all to comment in a constructive manner.

Van's Aircraft and Scott take a lot of heat when issues surface. I believe all understand it takes a bit of time to form a good response to any issue. My kudos to Van's Aircraft for the manner this issue is being communicated. My kudos to Scott McDaniels. Hope that any future issues are handled in a similar manner.

All should credit, when credit is due.

Last edited:
Well said, Marty. My thanks to Scott and Vans too, as well as to Don for raising the issue in the first place. It also shows the value of the VAF forum. This would never have been addressed as quickly without it, and the discussion has generally been constructive and reasonable, which does not always happen in a public forum.

PS: I posted this thread as a notification of the release of the SB addendum. As there are two threads already dealing with the gear attach bolts and side skin damage, I suggest that no further comments should be made here, otherwise the discussion may become hard to follow..... Perhaps one of the Mods could move this thread to the temporary folder.

Last edited:
Back