What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SB ASB-912-061UL R1 - Replacement of the Pressure Side Fuel Hose

Piper J3

Well Known Member
If you?ve been following my posts, I bought a flying RV-12 ELSA with 50TT. I?m working my way through the various service bulletins for the engine, airframe, and prop to check for compliance. I have a question? The engine has the new style mechanical fuel pump 893110 S/N 13.4493. Vent line from the pump is neatly routed to the bottom of the firewall per installation instructions. What I?m trying to determine is if a new pressure line was installed per SB ASB-912-061UL R1 - replacement of the pressure side fuel hose. There is no indication in the log books for this work. Both inlet and outlet fuel pump hoses have fire sleeve with an identification band at the pump end of the hoses. The writing on the ID bands appears to be laser marking that is difficult to read. To my credit ? it was cold and lighting was sub-par. I will try again to get information from the ID bands when conditions are more favorable. The old fuel hose assy is PN 874335 and the new hose assy is PN 874336. How can I tell if the pressure side hose has been changed out? Because this PN is for a hose assembly, is the PN on the hose itself or on the ID band on the outside of the fire sleeve? Thanks in advance.

Sorry for bothering everyone on Christmas Day. Merry Christmas?

The method to replace the old pump with the new one did not involve replacing the hoses. It involved cutting off the old hose ends and using new Oetiker clamps. Rotax-owner.com has a video on how to do that modification. That's how I did the replacement pump on my -12.

The method to replace the old pump with the new one did not involve replacing the hoses. It involved cutting off the old hose ends and using new Oetiker clamps. Rotax-owner.com has a video on how to do that modification. That's how I did the replacement pump on my -12.

I think it depends on when and where you got the replacement pump.
If I remember correctly, when the new pump first came available, it was only available as a complete pump w/hoses assembly.
Later on it became available as just the pump.

Back