What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SB 14-01-31 - RV-6 under construction

posterman

I have recently acquired an RV6 kit after having completed an RV6a now with 450+ hrs flying since 2005. The state of this kit is very incomplete...HS rear spar is complete with the remainder of the frame cleco'd but not riveted. For the obvious reason I ordered the SB kit in order to apply the SB fix the to the HS which arrived today...instructions are kind of interesting from the perspective of someone with an incomplete HS, i.e. no skins. I plan to rebuild the forward spar for other reasons and expect the parts next week...have to say I am not accustomed to prepunched parts that arrived with the SB kit. If anyone is interested I will plan to post pictures of a preventative installation of this SB kit on an RV6 still under construction as the instructions from Van's are clearly written from the RV7 already flying perspective.

Still accustomed to the measure, punch, drill, and debur, and rivet days.

Last edited:
rv7 tail on rv6

Greetings I just got a rv6 2009 model. Have a new rv7 tail and I am going to install the sb from the get go. I have made 2 mistakes and they require buying new parts... No biggie, that said I will try to post pics and am quickly realizing that this web site is an invaluable resource. Best of luck and stay cool.. BTW I'm in sandiego .

Back