What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sandy at GRT

mquam99

Well Known Member
For those of you that have any of GRT's avionics, I know you have dealt with Sandy.. I have dealt with her a couple of times and she has always been wonderful..

I ran across this on the GRT website today. It will be sad to see her go from GRT.. Best wishes to Sandy

"Congratulations Sandy!

It is with mixed feelings that we announce that 15-year employee, Sandy Bacon, will be leaving our company at the end of this month to relocate to Spring, Texas to join her new husband. Sandy is well known to so very many of our customers for her cheerful voice that welcomes and assists nearly everyone with their EFIS and EIS orders, and technical support for the EIS engine monitor. Sandy also attended the Sun 'n Fun and Airventure airshows for many years for the company, and even as a spectator, so with luck, you will see her again at one of those shows.

We greatly appreciate the contributions Sandy has made to our company, and she will be greatly missed. We wish her happiness in her new marriage and the adventures to follow."

One of these days, companies are going to realize that in the Internet age, their best people don't HAVE to be in a cubicle outside the boss' office. Most of the customers of these companies are somewhere else; they're not walk-ins.

I had that thought

Seems to me she could do that job with a phone and a computer.. Either way she will be missed..

One of these days, companies are going to realize that in the Internet age, their best people don't HAVE to be in a cubicle outside the boss' office. Most of the customers of these companies are somewhere else; they're not walk-ins.

Truth. I work in high tech, and for probably 15% of my coworkers I have no idea where they live. We talk via webchat, email and code reviews. We just try to find the smartest people we can to work with.

For a job like Sandy's (especially with all the good/cheap Voip PBX systems) she could do that anywhere.

The story says she is going to Texas to join her NEW husband and thanks to her for being such a great representative of the company. GTR is a pretty sharp company and I am sure they understand how telecommuting works. Did it occur to anyone that Sandy may not be interested in working? Perhaps the words NEW HUSBAND are something to consider.

Sandy was very helpful and I wish her the best in whatever her future has for her.

Did it occur to anyone that Sandy may not be interested in working? Perhaps the words NEW HUSBAND are something to consider.

Sandy was very helpful and I wish her the best in whatever her future has for her.

Yep, first thing I thought of.

As to the help she provided, simply gold standard.

Telecommuting is great (I do it several days per week) but I'm not sure Sandy could be as effective working from home. My last call to her a few weeks ago about a back ordered part that was way over-due (as in years not weeks or months), and she thought they were out again. However, she checked the shelves and found there was one more, and I had it a few days later.

Sandy is great to deal with and I wish her and GRT well but I'll opine that parts of her job just can't be done by phone....and as observed, she might have other things in mind for her future.

Did it occur to anyone that Sandy may not be interested in working? Perhaps the words NEW HUSBAND are something to consider.

yes, it occurred to me when I was driving home last night, then I thought, "wow, the new husband must be loaded." :D Joke, people, joke.

But, of course, we're talking a culture here, not an individual person.

I said the same thing about some of the EAA jobs I see posted. In theory -- and to a degree, in infrastructure -- moving to Oshkosh shouldn't always be necessary.

Certainly, it's up to Sandy whether she wants to keep working for GRT but all we know is that "relocation" is being listed as the reason she's leaving the company and on that basis, we make the observation that relocation isn't a necessary, and the tools we have today allow us to hold onto people critical to our operation. I would argue, absent any other information, that Sandy fills that definition.

In either case, obviously, we wish Sandy and GRT the best.

Back