What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Salt Lake City visit

alcladrv

Well Known Member
We'll be flying into the Salt Lake City area in mid-October in my -7A. Could anyone share an airport recommendation to park for 2 or 3 nights with reasonable fuel prices and other fees?

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks, Ron,

I'm aware of and use the Airnav site, but many times have found it to be inaccurate and incomplete. Generally, I wouldn't rely on it without a phone call to confirm the info.

Does anyone have any local knowledge and insight into the SLC area airports? Thanks,

Mike

U42 which is now known as South Valley Regional (formally Airport #2) is the area's largest non-towered airport that caters to GA. It has a 5000+ runway in excellent condition. This is 10 miles south of KSLC. Has rental cars, close hotels & many different restaurants. 100LL is currently at $5.10, which isn't exactly on the cheap end.

edit: Air Center of Salt Lake is the FBO. (801) 566-4829

L.Adamson --- RV6A

Last edited:
Consider using MillionAir at SLC Int'l if you don't mind flying into Class Bravo and your business takes to the east side of the Salt Lake valley. A bit on the pricey side but you'll get their concierge service. Call ahead and they'll arrange ground transportation and possibly lodging.
I've flown my RV to SLC and had them drive me around the airport in their courtesy car to pick up an airline passenger and then return us to their FBO.
I've also used MillionAir once before in Santa Fe. It certainly impressed the wife. An actual red carpet at the airplane, warm freshly baked cookies for the children, Hertz car standing by, etc.

Near SLC

Prescott.
Great people. Lower than low fuel prices. no parking fee. no rental car though.

Depends on where you are going in the valley. I fly out of Ogden (OGD). I think fuel was at $4.50 this weekend. Rental car (budget). Clear of class "B" depending on what direction you are coming from......

But I only think it works well if you are aiming at the northern part of the state.

Provo to the south is pretty nice.

U42 and skypark -- although I am close, I never go there, so no opinion.

SLC.....big airport in Class "B"....high fuel price, but not to bad. Never stayed overnight, but have been in and out many times on Angle Flight flights with no problems.

Salt Lake City

If you are staying in Salt Lake City, Salt Lake or Skypark are both great options. Ogden will have the cheapest fuel, Skypark will be 30-50 cents more.

I fly out of Skypark and do lots of flying into Salt Lake International. It is super easy to get in there and like others have mentioned, Million Air is great but more expensive.

Back