What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Salt Lake City Visit

MJarreau

Well Known Member
My family is going to be vacationing near Salt Lake City March 23-March 31. Would anyone be willing to give a tour of a -10? I've been dreaming quite a while but have never seen one in person.

Thanks,
Michael

I never know what my schedule will be until 5 or 6 days before, but would be more than willing to give you a tour of my 99% complete flying RV-10. I don't think I wil ever really finish. I am at Ogden (KOGD), about 35 miles north of SLC. If the weather holds, we can even go flying......

P.S. Also noted you are from LA (lower Alabama).....Born and raised in Covington LA, and lived in Fort Walton Beach FLA while I was in the Air Force....

Definitely not as exciting as a flying RV-10 but I have the tail feathers done and currently working on the tailcone in Salt Lake City.

I suggest you contact Scott Schmidt- he has one of the nicest 10's around and he is located in Bountiful (BTF), just 10 mi north of SLC. He posts on the VAF frequently (with great travel pics). A real nice guy. FWIW, there are several other 10s at the same airport- give Mike Howe a call as well if you want to see an almost completed 10.

PPL

Thanks to all! I have a PPL with about 250 hours, half of which are cross country. I'm contemplating an instrument ticket, but have not moved in that direction.

I will contact each of you in the next week and try to make plans!

Thanks again!
Michael

Wow!

I was actually able to get time to visit with Renee' Felker on our trip. We couldn't manage to get time to see Scott Schmidt or Strasnuts' machines :( (thanks to both of you for your offers) but life happens.

Renee' was gracious with his time and patient with inane questions from one who knows less than nothing about building. He even took my brother-in-law and me flying! What a glorious event!

I told the wife upon return to earth (quite some time after landing :D) that we would be purchasing a tail kit shortly. She didn't say yes :confused: but she didn't say no :)

Thank you, Renee', for the opportunity!

Back