What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sale of the RV-8

Ed_Wischmeyer

Well Known Member
The sale of the airframe is now complete ? the money is in the bank, the insurance cancellation has been emailed, and the registration cancellation is snail mailed to Oke City. The beautiful, beautiful RV-8 is on its way to the United Kingdom to start the next phase of her flight career. She?s going to a very good home, and I wish them well.

I delivered the RV-8 to Neel Aviation in Lakeland and they've taken it from there. Easy to work with, and recommended.

At least the airframe is sold. There?s lots of things that are legal and safe here, but not legal in the United Kingdom. So the airframe was sold minus firewall forward (see the ad in the classifieds) and most of the avionics (no ad yet, waiting for the avionics to arrive so I can take a picture).

Meanwhile, the RV-9A is getting a constant speed prop, and my spine will be getting its first nerve ablation. And this year's submission to the EAA loss of control contest has been sent in.

Not quite sure what to do with myself with the two major projects completed. The two Oshkosh forums I'm presenting will be much the same as given at Sun 'n' Fun, so not much to do there.

One the new prop is on the -9A, it will be back to Phase 1. I think the only real adjustment in flying the plane will be the takeoffs and landings, getting that nice feel that I had with the fixed pitch prop.

Back