What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Safety First

Jamie Aust

Well Known Member
Why you need to wear shoes when working around your project.
This morning I put my shoes on. I could feel something inside like a small rock, so I gave them a shake upside down and put them back on. Only to find I still had a small bump in the bottom of the shoe.

Lets take a look at the bottom then.

That does not look to bad.

This closeup looks more painful.

Please cover your eyes and your feet when ever you work on your project !

Agreed. No barefeet in the shop

Being a So Cal native, I run around barefooted as much as possible. But, it only took a day or two of actual building to realize that I needed tennies or better on in the shop. Too many stray aluminum scrapes around.

Good tip!

I cringe every time I see someone proudly posing in ther shop wearing sandals or flip-flops. I'd think it would only take one dropped bucking bar to change their mind. Call me geek or nerd, but I wear steel toes in the shop.

I cringe every time I see someone proudly posing in ther shop wearing sandals or flip-flops. I'd think it would only take one dropped bucking bar to change their mind. Call me geek or nerd, but I wear steel toes in the shop.

Well, I am a geek and I will wear steel-toed shoes when I start building. In fact, I'll wear whatever safety gear needed. I tihnk of it this way: If I injure myself to the point of being unable to continue working, I would have to stop building while I heal.

Cheers.

I wear gloves now too... I have enough DNA in my RV8 to never worry about having to prove it is mine...

steel toes?

...Mom was right 30 years ago, and she's still right!
" What good is that shiny 400 horsepower hot rod if you're dead or crippled?"

Lets not forget that a stray scrap of aluminum in the eye, or the toxic effects of the chemicals we use could make it impossible to enjoy the fruits of our labours!...and a lot of the rest of life!

protect yourself like you were at work, on live TV, and everyone was watching!

Last edited:
Back