What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Safe Sharpie Practices

Jim P

Well Known Member
OK, this belongs in the dont' try this at home category, but your wife might feel better about this risk.

NOTE: A Black Sharpie will safely go through the washer and dryer if the cap is on without turning all your laundry black!

Don't ask how I know..

Jim

Forget the lottery...

You've used up all your luck on that Sharpie marker. The caps always come off in the laundry when I pull that stunt. Yes, more than once. My wife is getting a little tired of it. My penance is to take her shopping to replace her clothes that are now artfully decorated with black and or blue Sharpie.

Why can't I remember to check my pockets at the end of the day...?

my clothes aren't allowed near the washing machine with HER clothes:D
I've never had trouble with Sharpies, but powerplant oil and/or carbon dust will stain anything it contacts. I've been met at the driveway and told, "You can strip right there, that mess is not coming in the house or my washing machine!".....off to the laundermat. :eek:

You too...

my clothes aren't allowed near the washing machine with HER clothes:D

Sometime I will do the washing to surprise my wife, but she gets real nervous when I tell her "honey I did a load of laundry". Seem that I don't know all the rules about what can co-exist in the machine, which items don't like to get nice and warm in the dryer.:eek:

There should be a book somewhere...

Kent

Sometime I will do the washing to surprise my wife, but she gets real nervous when I tell her "honey I did a load of laundry". Seem that I don't know all the rules about what can co-exist in the machine, which items don't like to get nice and warm in the dryer.:eek:

There should be a book somewhere...

Kent

Oh boy could I tell some stories on that one....

And yes, one of us SHOULD write a book on this some day.... "The Married Mans Survival Handbook"....

Oh boy could I tell some stories on that one....

And yes, one of us SHOULD write a book on this some day.... "The Married Mans Survival Handbook"....

A companion to my "Bachelor's Starter Kit" idea. For the guy starting out...or starting over. Includes such overlooked esentials as: can opener, scissors, spatulas, whisk broom, etc. All in one easy-to-order package. (overnight delivery available)

Hmmm...I must've been the anomoly here. I had to teach mine how to do laundry and how to cook when I met her. Then again... I will never publicly admit that I really DO know how to clean a bathroom. ;)

The trick is to find a great woman and share skills. She might even turn out to be a better rivet driver... (keeping it RV-related :D ).

YMMV.

Cheers!
N_D

My penance is to take her shopping to replace her clothes that are now artfully decorated with black and or blue Sharpie.
hmmmm.....are you sure she's not loading the laundry with all her "old" clothes and sneaking a pen in your pocket?? :D.

What about her end of things

My wife and I share chores and she doesn't shirk. But I will admit that she tends to do the laundry, while I do the oil changes. That said I wonder about that last post. The reason I say that is my wife tends to leave lipstick in HER POCKETS. Not really a problem in the washer, but in the dryer A TOTAL DISASTER! I have had to wipe down the dryer drum several times now. Lipstick is made with some unobtainium product that won't come out of anything that you can't bleach. I'll throw out shop rags that get the stuff on them!
Bill Jepson

Back