What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RVs in Newfoundland?

Thanks for the reply Paul. My wife and I will be in Newfoundland for a couple weeks on vacation. I like to try and visit with other builders when I'm traveling. Unfortunately, we won't be in Nova Scotia or I'd enjoy comapring notes on our mutual RV-8 projects.

Best Regards,

Mark
RV-8 Fuselage

Mark,

I live in Gander and just started an RV7 this summer. I also know of a completed and flying RV4 in Gander as well.

Grant

Grant,

That's excellent!

I regret to say we've had to delay our trip; we were originally due in St. John's September 1st (and I'm really hoping Air Canada is reasonable on ticket changes.) At this point I don't know when we'll be headed your direction. However, I'll be back in touch/on the forum again when our plans settle. We'll be going through Gander (by car) whenever we get to Newfoundland.

I hope your building is going well.

Mark

Mark

Enjoy your holiday in Nfld. One of the worlds undiscovered treasures IMHO. I lived there for 10 years in the 70's and early 80's. If you are driving I might suggest visiting Leading Tickles, in central Nfld. You have to drive through Botwood to get there. Botwood, incidently has a very interesting museum about the town being the first North American terminus of Scheduled trans Atlantic air service, and its role as a seaplane base during the war.

Cheers.

Joe Hine
RV4...Fredericton, N.B......still in Eastern Canada

Thanks for the input Joe. The advantage of our postponement (if there is one) is additional time to line up more interesting destinations. My sense is that Newfoundland is indeed a gem.

Best Regards,

Mark

Back