What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV9A with two Dynon HDXs 10 & 8?

ron sterba

Well Known Member
I want to download my Dynon web page FAA chart files to my thumb drive from my I pad to Dynon thumb drive to updates my two HDX units. Iam not finding a adapter for downloading to a thumb drive but a similar looking adapter by Apple is for a USB to a camera but I have to plug a power cord into this adapter. Is there just a adapter to a thumb drive that would work by another manufacturer?
We don?t have a home computer anymore just a iPhone and iPad Pro ( 1 year old)
Thanks
Ron

Thanks Colin,that’s a big help not to mention time savings. Plus able to be a Oshkosh on a WiFi network and download current charts to be legal to fly out of a event when the 28 day charts expire during the time of the event. I asked FAA representatives at a recent trade show if the charts could change at the last day of the month instead of the ( who knows when the 28 day expires exactly) the current 28 day procedure. My example was the FAA medical expires on the last day of the month it was issued. Like my RV9A with EFISs I think in the near future of aviation and the FAAs mandate for ADSB glass cockpits will be the normal. If you like the idea consider spread the word to EAA national and chapters.
Thanks....your ideas
Ron

Back