What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV9

federico

I'm New Here
I'm planning to built an RV9. Since I have my own land strip but it is only four hundered meters long (without obstacles) I wish I could to know if it is really possible (and safe to takeoff and land the RV9 160 HP (fixed picth prop) on this site.

I'm sure you'll get some replies from 9 owners. I met a 9a owner who flys from his own 600 ft. (200 m) strip. He used to fly a 6, but said that the 9a was much more comfortable to land there. I'm not sure that I'd ever be comfortable on a 600 ft. strip, but I think with practice 400m would be no problem, especially if it is unobstructed.

federico said:
I'm planning to built an RV9. Since I have my own land strip but it is only four hundered meters long (without obstacles) I wish I could to know if it is really possible (and safe to takeoff and land the RV9 160 HP (fixed picth prop) on this site.
400 meters, thats about 1300' Thats is plenty of room if you have no obstructions. I had a 6A with a 150 O320 that I flew in and out of a 1000' strip at my house. A 9 with 160 should not be a problem for the plane, it might be a problem for the pilot.

Back