What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV8 Landing Gear outer wear plates (stock gear legs)

pauldblackmore

I'm New Here
Hi

RV8 Stock Vans landing gear legs

Hopefully this is a quick one. I'm at the stage of setting up the landing gear and drilling the longerons for the outer wear plates. The outer wear plates however don't lie flat against the longeron and can rock slightly. Is the normal procedure to pull the wear plate flat against the longeron when torquing the landing gear bolts? The steel is VERY strong so 'adjusting' it to lie flat against the longeron doesn't seem practical.

Just wanting to check before I drill...

Thanks for your help

Paul

Hi

RV8 Stock Vans landing gear legs

Hopefully this is a quick one. I'm at the stage of setting up the landing gear and drilling the longerons for the outer wear plates. The outer wear plates however don't lie flat against the longeron and can rock slightly. Is the normal procedure to pull the wear plate flat against the longeron when torquing the landing gear bolts? The steel is VERY strong so 'adjusting' it to lie flat against the longeron doesn't seem practical.

Just wanting to check before I drill...

Thanks for your help

Paul

I believe the answer to your question is found in View B-B on dwg 35. Study the plans in great detail there. There is a gap specified to prevent such bending.

Back