What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV7 High CHT on 0-360 needed carb mod

tdsaab

I'm New Here
Found information on this site that was very helpful and wanted to post my results. Thank you for whoever posted the picture below that describes the issue I was having. Basically, my 03 60 was using a MA4-5 part #10-3878 which I discovered was running high CHT’s once I installed a new Garmin G3 X panel. I sent the carburetor to Tempest Aero and they did the modification listed in the picture below Now, she runs plenty rich and my CHT’s are below 400. I’d also read Mike bushes book, and obviously became more aware of my CTHT’s at the same time I did the panel upgrade.
The first picture shows the modified carburetor CHT temps now. The second picture shows what they were and I had actually seen temperatures just over 450° briefly( with lower density altitude). The last picture is the post that helped me solve my issue. Thank you to the poster. My plane was started by the original builder in 2008 and finished in 2012 and I have only had it about a year.

Attachments

• IMG_5658.jpeg
    IMG_5658.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5662.jpeg
    IMG_5662.jpeg
    621.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5663.jpeg
    IMG_5663.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
Back