What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV6 Specific Instruction near Seattle, Wa

spduffee

I'm New Here
Hi All,
A while back my friend and I went in together to buy a sweet RV6. He ended up being trained in Oregon by the RV-guru over the course of a few days - got his TW endorsement and transition training in one shot. Due to family and job commitments I could not afford to do that, still can't.
There are TW training opportunities lately, but our insurance states I need a TW endorsement AND at least 10hrs of instruction by an RV6 instructor (or similar wording).
Do we need to look for other insurance? Are they all the same?
Any ideas?
Any RV6 qualified instructors near Seattle?
Thanks,
Shawn

Hi All,
A while back my friend and I went in together to buy a sweet RV6. He ended up being trained in Oregon by the RV-guru over the course of a few days - got his TW endorsement and transition training in one shot. Due to family and job commitments I could not afford to do that, still can't.
There are TW training opportunities lately, but our insurance states I need a TW endorsement AND at least 10hrs of instruction by an RV6 instructor (or similar wording).
Do we need to look for other insurance? Are they all the same?
Any ideas?
Any RV6 qualified instructors near Seattle?
Thanks,
Shawn
It has been a while since I owned an RV-6. The one I had was a nose roller. If you have a tail dragger in need a tail wheel indorsemeng. All insurance companies will require demonstration of competence in Van’s aircraft. They are not difficult to fly, just more responsive than the normal general aviation aircraft.

It has been a while since I owned an RV-6. The one I had was a nose roller. If you have a tail dragger in need a tail wheel indorsemeng. All insurance companies will require demonstration of competence in Van’s aircraft. They are not difficult to fly, just more responsive than the normal general aviation aircraft.
Thank you for the reply. I think I'll just get the RW endorsement out of the way, then decide what to do after that.

Back